Monday, February 4, 2008

Been Awhile

Yeah- I'm inherently a slacker, as far as computers are concerned. What can I say- I've been knitting instead and that's been taking all of my time. :)

A couple of months ago I ordered this:





An Imogen kit! It's lovely and gorgeous, just look:



The colors are more varied than I could have imagined! Misty greys, bark browns, poppy and tulip reds- gorgeous. I am now a Fleece Artist convert!



I have been wanting to make this exact sweater in these exact colors for over a year and finally succumbed to purchasing a kit from Knitty Noddy. I can't tell you how wonderful they were! I placed the order at the end of the day (east coast time- they are on the west coast) and I believe it was shipped the same day. I got the order in record time with a lovely email from the store checking in to make sure I liked it. I also got some Handmaiden SeaSilk from them and photos of that will come soon.

Right now I'm cranking away on Imogen and liking it. I've had to do some fiddling to get the colors evenly distributed (even though I'm alternating balls every 2 rows there's still some pooling, especially in the arms) but the pattern is pretty easy.

Here are some other notes for future referece:
Thanks to the lovely folks at Ravelry, I was able to look at quite a few of these sweaters before starting. I noticed they tend to hit people low down on the hips and that's not how I wanted this sweater to fit me. BTW- there are no scematics or measurements in this pattern, beyond the bust measurement, so you're kind of on your own. Like a good girl I swatched, took notes and figured that I would lop 10 stitches off the back to shorten it up (the jacket is constructed sideways, so eliminating stitches was akin to eliminating rows on a normal sweater). So far it seems like this may work, although now I'm worried I should have done the medium instead of the small. I'll take a good look at it today and see if I need to rip.

Oh yeah- I also bound off the first sleeve a little short, it seems, so I'll be redoing that when the time comes. Sigh- just when you think you've gotten the hang of things this happens.

Anyway- I love it and am enjoying it thuroughly. I can't wait until it's done and I can show off some good pics!
Have a wonderful day and enjoy yourself! Thanks for reading.

No comments: